Packing Tips: Packing Dishware
Use this process on all saucers, bread and butter dishes, and other dishware. When packing smaller dishes, you may choose to stack in greater quantity.
- Select a medium-sized carton or dish packing kit and line the bottom of the carton with crumpled packing paper.
- With packing paper stacked neatly in place on a work table, center one plate on the paper.
- Grasp a corner on several sheets of packing paper and pull the paper over the plate until sheets completely cover the plate. Stack a second plate on and, moving clockwise, grasp a second corner and pull sheets over the second plate.
- Stack a third plate. Grasp remaining two corners, folding two sheets of each corner (one at a time) over the plate.
- Turn your wrapped stack of plates upside down onto your packing paper.
- Re-wrap the entire bundle: start with one corner of packing paper and pull two sheets over the bundle, cover bundle with next corner, then the third corner; and finally, the fourth.
- Seal the bundle with packing tape.
Save Money Moving and Save Time Unpacking!
If boxes are labeled, our San Diego movers know what room to put the boxes in at your new home. Oodles of time will be saved unpacking if each box is placed in the room that it belongs in. Also, there will be no delays with your San Diego moving company not knowing where to place boxes which will save you money.
- We provide moving services in Southern California only, but for all other states please visit Movers Corp.
- 10 Ways To Find The Best Local San Diego Moving Companies.
- Changing Your Addresses In San Diego Checklist-Make It Easy!
- Moving Into Storage? Read our Helpful Storage Packing Tips!
- Moving Cleaning Supplies
- Packing Dishware
- Packing Cups
- Packing Wine Glasses