Packing Tips: Packing Dishware
Use this process on all saucers, bread and butter dishes, and other dishware. When packing smaller dishes, you may choose to stack in greater quantity.
- Select a medium-sized carton or dish packing kit and line the bottom of the carton with crumpled packing paper.
- With packing paper stacked neatly in place on a work table, center one plate on the paper.
- Grasp a corner on several sheets of packing paper and pull the paper over the plate until sheets completely cover the plate. Stack a second plate on and, moving clockwise, grasp a second corner and pull sheets over the second plate.
- Stack a third plate. Grasp remaining two corners, folding two sheets of each corner (one at a time) over the plate.
- Turn your wrapped stack of plates upside down onto your packing paper.
- Re-wrap the entire bundle: start with one corner of packing paper and pull two sheets over the bundle, cover bundle with next corner, then the third corner; and finally, the fourth.
- Seal the bundle with packing tape.
- We provide moving services in Southern California only, but for all other states please visit Movers Corp.
- 10 Ways To Find The Best Local San Diego Moving Companies.
- Changing Your Addresses In San Diego Checklist-Make It Easy!
- Moving Into Storage? Read our Helpful Storage Packing Tips!
- Moving Cleaning Supplies
- Packing Dishware
- Packing Cups
- Packing Wine Glasses