Discount Movers Encinitas Is Here To Help You!
A+ BBB Ratings
Our Encinitas Movers, Packers, Truck and Storage Loaders are Here to Help
Encinitas movers who are experienced, licensed and insured are here to help you move into your next home, apartment or condo. Discount Movers has been moving Encinitas for over 20 years with a long-standing reputation for excellence.
The reason why Discount Movers has developed such a great reputation, is because Discount Movers provides low rates, great value and only hires experienced Encinitas movers who know how to move effectively, efficiently and carefully. With countless customers in the community, our Encinitas movers are here to help you move your apartment, house, small office or condo smoothly and efficiently. Serving -92023, 92024
Encinitas Moving Company Fun Facts If You Are New To The Area:
- The median house price in Encinitas in 2016 was $1,012,912.
- 54% of the community is married, and 25% single.
- 27% of the population is between 45-64, 19% between 30-44, 14% is 18-29, 14% over 65, with 40% under 18.
- There are 49% males and 50 percent females in Encinitas.
- German and Irish ancestry is most popular in this area.
This is my second time moving with Discount Movers. With the most current move, Mike and Jason were very professional, courteous and friendly! They really took care of our move and were very careful. I will highly recommend Discount Movers to all of my friends and family. Thank you again for another great job!Jake Millermullen
Excellent job! Our movers (Justin, Steve, Joe and Mike) were very organized, professional and STRONG! We highly recommend Discount Movers. I have moved six times in San Diego over the years and Discount Movers was FAR and AWAY the BEST! Thanks!Kathleen Fardeen- Encinitas
Gas & Electric
San Diego Gas & Electric Co
Cable & Internet
San Diego City Water
San Diego County Sheriff’s Department North Coastal Station
175 N El Camino Real,
Encinitas, CA 92024
San Diego County Government
1600 Pacific Hwy.
San Diego, CA 92101
US Post Office
1160 N Coast Hwy 101
Encinitas, CA 92024
4005 Plaza Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
UC San Diego Greenhouse Lane
La Jolla, CA 92093
2160 S El Camino Real
Oceanside, CA 92054
Arts and culture
Encinitas Ballet. Encinitas Ballet is an exceptional classical ballet studio in Encinitas. It was established in 2008 by Sayat Asatryan, a former principal dancer of the Kremlin Ballet Theatre, and Olga Tchekachova, former soloist of the Mariinsky Ballet II.
- April Street Fair: annual two-day street fair, held every April in downtown Encinitas
- Deep Pit BBQ, held the end of May at the San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Dr.
- Encinitas Environment Day: held on the 2nd Sunday of June- environmentally-themed games and entertainment for families.
- Lima Bean Faire and Battle of the Beans Cook-off, held each September at the San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Dr.
- Fall Festival: annual one-day street fair, held each November in downtown Encinitas.
- OktoberFest: held the third Sunday in September to coincide with the start of the Oktoberfest celebrations in Germany.
- Classic Car Cruise Nights: classic cars line Coast Highway 101 in downtown Encinitas on the 3rd Thursday of each month, May–September.
- The Wavecrest Woodie Meet: takes place once a year on the third Saturday of September at Moonlight State Beach. It is the largest rally of wooden-bodied vehicles in the world and it is free to the public and to participants.
- Wellness Week: an annual week-long program of events and special offers designed to help people learn about and experience ways to improve their well-being.
- Salute to Education: Encinitas Chamber of Commerce Salute to Education event that is held each year in June honoring local teachers and students for their outstanding efforts during the current school year. This event is hosted each year by Rancho Santa Fe Security Systems.
- Switchfoot Bro-Am: annual free surf competition and outdoor music festival usually held in early July at Moonlight State Beach, home of the world’s only Surf Jousting competition, along with several other competitive surfing events. All proceeds from the event go to local charities.
In 2011 Mark Patterson and Robert Nichols illegally installed a 10 by 10 feet (3 m × 3 m) mosaic of a surfing Virgin de Guadalupe on the north concrete support wall of the train bridge on Encinitas Boulevard, leading to a battle over whether it should be removed or preserved. It was named “the Surfing Madonna” by the media and public.
Museums and other points of interest
The Lux Art Institute and San Dieguito Heritage Museum are located in Encinitas. Other points of interest include the San Diego Botanic Garden, Self-Realization Fellowship temple and Hermitage, as well as the gardens which are routinely open to the public, the historic La Paloma Theater, Moonlight Beach, and one of California’s classic downtown areas along historic Coast Highway 101. Surfing is a popular activity in Encinitas, particularly at Swami’s, which is rated in the top 5 surf locations in the world, and is mentioned in a verse of The Beach Boys’ song “Surfin’ U.S.A.”
Cardiff Kook – Magic Carpet Ride
The Magic Carpet Ride, or more affectionately known by Encinitas locals as the Cardiff Kook, is a 16 ft bronze statue located in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, in the city of Encinitas. The San Diego Architectural Foundation, in its annual “Orchids & Onions” awards for the best and worst architecture of the year, awarded the Kook an Onion in 2007. The nickname comes from a derogatory surfer slang term for a “wannabe” surfer, as surfers in the area realized that the statue’s form whilst “surfing” was far from correct. However, the Kook has become a local favorite in the city and has many wonderful traditions associated with it. At various times during the year, the Kook is “vandalized” and dressed up (wearing a Lucha libre mask, being eaten by a paper-mache shark, wearing a full Uncle Sam costume for Independence Day, used by local high school students to ask each other to school dances) bringing local flair and tourists constantly to the statue.
- Cardiff School District
- Encinitas Union School District
- San Dieguito Union High School District
Visual Art schools
- Watts Atelier of the Arts
- California Institute for Human Science
- Mira Costa College District
- Mira Costa College, San Elijo Campus
- St. Katherine College
- Grauer School (Private, college preparatory)
- San Dieguito Academy
- Pacific Academy
- Sunset Continuation High School
- Diegueño Middle School
- Encinitas Country Day School (private Middle School)
- Grauer School (private)
- Oak Crest Middle School
- The Rhoades School (private)
- Ada Harris Elementary School
- Cardiff Elementary School
- Capri Elementary School
- Encinitas Country Day School (private)
- Flora Vista Elementary School
- Ocean Knoll Elementary School
- Olivenhain Pioneer Elementary School
- Park Dale Lane Elementary School
- Paul Ecke Central Elementary School
- Rancho Encinitas Academy (private)
- The Rhoades School (private)
- Saint John The Evangelist School (private)
- Sanderling Waldorf School (private)
Call us at 858-490-0155
Interested in Booking a Move?
Save Money Moving and Save Time Unpacking!
If boxes are labeled, our San Diego movers know what room to put the boxes in at your new home. Oodles of time will be saved unpacking if each box is placed in the room that it belongs in. Also, there will be no delays with your San Diego moving company not knowing where to place boxes which will save you money.