Planning for An Upcoming Move
Get Rid of Unwanted Items Before You Move:
Preparing for your move is a wonderful time to go through your belongings and determine what you would like to keep and what you would like to give away. It will cost you more money to move items that you no longer want.
- Clear out unwanted goods – hold a garage sale.
- Get rid of flammables such as propane cylinders and paint products.
- Empty fuel from yard maintenance tools.
- Sort through your clothes. Charity shops will take the ones you don’t wear
- Separate books and donate the ones you don’t read
- Start making up your change of address list.
- Arrange to have mail forwarded.
- Arrange for termination or transfer of
utilitiesservices, including telephone, cable TV, gas and electric.
- Check to see if you have the original boxes for electronics and computer equipment.
- Will your new home be ready? If not, you need to arrange temporary storage.
- Start depleting freezer and dry goods stocks.
Save Money Moving and Save Time Unpacking!
If boxes are labeled, our San Diego movers know what room to put the boxes in at your new home. Oodles of time will be saved unpacking if each box is placed in the room that it belongs in. Also, there will be no delays with your San Diego moving company not knowing where to place boxes which will save you money.
- We provide moving services in Southern California only, but for all other states please visit Movers Corp.
- 10 Ways To Find The Best Local San Diego Moving Companies.
- Changing Your Addresses In San Diego Checklist-Make It Easy!
- Moving Into Storage? Read our Helpful Storage Packing Tips!
- Moving Cleaning Supplies
- Packing Dishware
- Packing Cups
- Packing Wine Glasses